Thursday, December 28, 2006




Arcturus from the previous picture is the one next to Rigel in this picture. Could Antares be Kolob? I know it would seem impossible for God to exist on a giant sun, so I at first thought Rigel being all white would be a more likely assumption, but just think about when Joseph saw Him and His Son...They were brighter than the noon-day sun. And remember our talk of the speed if light and such, Jess?
Antares is the 15th brightest star in the sky for us on earth. It is more than a thousand light years away. Interesting, don't you think, that a thousand years for us is one day to God?!
Now go read the explanation for Facsimile No. 2 from the Book of Abraham in the Pearl of Great Price.
I may be way off, but I'm sure it's all set up like this somehow.
-Britten
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

breena rae said...

I believe you Britten. And hey, why not? It's kinda like was Jesus married bit...and I think, why not? Wouldn't shake my testimony if he was and it's a nice thought. So, let's say Kolob has been discovered!

Jessica said...

Love that topic! Speed of light and such. Makes so much sense...it could be!

Jessica said...

And there are so many references to fire and symbolisim with fire in the scriptures. I think it makes some sense. Where did you find the picutres of the planets like that?

Sarita said...

Britten, Not sure why I missed this post before, but it's awesome! I love your perspective. Are you still teaching relief society because you have the coolest insights.

Jessica said...

Britten...where are you!! Sniff, sniff.