So we got a kitten. Kaiya has been kitten-obsessed since she was about 3 months old. Andy so badly wanted Kaiya to experience raising a kitten since Cleo was already a big cat when Kaiya was born. I listed off names that would be cute and creative for an orange cat and my kids picked "Trick or Treat". I was trying to stay within our Star Wars pet name theme. When we adopted our other black dog her name was already "Camie" and just as soon as I was planning on changing her name to "Padme" I found out that in some deleted scenes from A New Hope, Luke actually goes to meet his friends at the Toshie station (read this with a whiney voice) and one of those friends is a girl named "Camie". Great! That works! So I thought of naming the kitten"Chewie" but we all agreed very quickly we couldn't name the cat that since the new kid across the street has "Chewie" as his nickname. It's cool....it's common around our house to find Trooper, Chewie and Vader playing outside.
Anyway, upon further creative thinking of orange Star Wars names I came up with "3PO" and "Rogue 2" (think orange space jumpers). Too bad the kids didn't like "Rogue 2" cuz Andy and I really dig that one. We secretly call her that when the kids aren't looking.
But "Trick or Treat" is cool as far as names go too and it is very fitting to this litle kitten because once minute she gives you a sweet treat by purring loudly in your arms and the next minute she's pulling her tricks and taking a flying, all-claws splayed leap at your leg.
-Britten
















6 comments:
when did Kaiya get to be such a beauty???? Oh my gosh!!!
Kaiya looks so grown up and that kitty is baby Jack!!! Whose complete name, by the way is "Jack-O-Lantern" since he was born in October, but we just call him Jack for short.
Ohhhh! I want a kitty so bad! She is a cute little kitty, and yes does completly reminds me of baby Jack. Gotta love the names kids pick for pets! Tricky for short would be cute.
you could just call her "T.O.T." because Trick or Treat seems too hard to say if you're trying to yell at it or something. haha. Not that you'll have to yell at it. I just am imagining when the kitty starts clawing at your furniture you could just scream, "NO TOT!" That's me, always preparing for the worst. Call me Eyeore.
It is a cute kitty though.
Oh, yeah Lori! I forgot that is Jack's complete name! They could be cousins!!!
Oh good you've updated your blog. So here are a few comments...
Fresno always has the best sunsets. The smog really adds a nice purple hue.
And yes, Kaiya is a beauty...watch out boys.
That cat hasn't grown a bit since the last time we saw it! Maybe it will stay a kitty forever. That would be the best.
Post a Comment