So Andy had to get another surgery. (What number are we at now?) I'm not refering to the one he had 3 weeks ago to get his morphine pump inserted. Nope. Out of all the pumps that Medtronics has made in the last 10-15 years, Andy's is the only one to break and go haywire. This would be his luck. I knew there was something screwy with it when he wouldn't feel any morphine go into his spine for an 8-hour span at night when it supposedly pumps the morphine in on a periodic basis, but the doctor just thought he should keep upping the doseage.
Andy started beeping (and by this I mean the pump) last Sunday and then we knew something *was* really up. The doctor just thought the pump was almost out of medicine. I said they were probably going to have to reprogram him at least. No. Another surgery to replace the broken pump (which is inserted behind the skin on his stomach). Someone hand me my medical liscense and get this over with already.
My poor, poor husband. We just can't get out from under this little, black cloud that's been over his head for about the last half of his life now. The stream of medical bad luck this guy has could make a good book at least. He said, "It's sad when you no longer freak out before a surgery. It's just like getting blood drawn - after about the 6th time it's no big deal." He's a real-live pin cushion and his body is starting to resemble Frankenstein's monster. We've started calling him "Bionic Man" since he has his mechanical stimulator, the two screws in his spine and now the pump. Maybe this half explains why I'm subconsciously captivated by Darth Vader? Maybe not...
However, he seems to be doing well right now. They will activate the pump with morphine on Monday and hopefully we'll see good times roll. (knock on wood, spin three times and do a little jig for good luck.) And pray too - don't forget that. He needs all the good vibes he can get.
-Britten
My Thoughts On #TFA (The Title Anyway)
11 years ago











3 comments:
we love you guys. Andy has and always will be in every prayer we make. I know a ray of sunshine will break through that little black cloud someday and a rainbow will appear. You are amazing, Britten, and I know this story isn't over!!!...our family motto...
Poor Andy. You guys are troopers. No pun intended. And in my prayers.
my prayers too!!
Post a Comment