I was tagged by Kasie. This is also my first tag so it should be cool.
Here are the rules:
1. Open the closest book - not a favorite or most intellectual book, but the closest at the moment - to page 56.
2. Write out the fifth sentence on the page, as well as the two to five sentences following.
3. Then open your manuscript to page 56 and write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five additional ones.
4. Tag five (or more) buddies to do this same exercise
-----------------------------------------------------------------
So the closest book to me was Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. It had fallen from a book shelf and now was lying on the floor next to my computer desk.
The music changed, and Charlie tapped on Edward's shoulder.
It wasn't nearly as easy to dance with Charlie. He was no better at it than I was, so we moved safely from side to side in a tiny square formation. Edward and Esme spun around us like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
(Aww, I love that part.)
I actually have a manuscript but I'm only up to page 28 on it so I will just use this page. After all, it's half of 56. =)
"Let’s try that!” Jessica said, amused. I was so glad they were so willing to get this address for me.
We walked around the corner to the field and carefully climbed through the barbed-wire fence. Lining ourselves up with Brandon’s window, we started hurling tiny rocks from the field at it but kept missing by a long shot.
“This isn’t working. We’re just going to have to call him tomorrow,” Jessica sadly stated. I mused that she secretly hoped the best for me, to get my mind and heart focused on other things besides bad ex-boyfriends.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
*somewhere in Utah* Jessica: "Wait, is that me you're writing about?"
*somewhere in North Carolina* Rachel: "Are you refering to Brandon Brandon?"
*somewhere in and around Fresno and other various parts of the US* Ex-boyfriends: "What do you mean, "bad"? *Dear Lord, please don't let her publish this*"
Me: "I never said this was a memoir." *whistling and looking very innocent*
Okay, I'm tagging Lisa and Candice. I can't think of any others that are writers and read this blog to see they've been tagged. If any of you are closet writers, come out and let me know!
My Thoughts On #TFA (The Title Anyway)
11 years ago











3 comments:
YAY!!!!!!!! I am so happy that you've come out of the literary closet. I knew you would. I love your MS. Can't wait to read more.
And I'm glad you put in a section from Breaking Dawn, I only read it that one time and it was good to read a section again without complete horrid feelings.
HA! (that's my smug, I knew it, HA)
I actually thought about tagging you. I was like, hmmm, I bet Britten has a little somethin'somethin' on the side going on. And I. Was. So. Right! Very funny! I can't wait to read it (if you let me :) Okay I'm just going to say it again, HA!
Hey Britten, it's Stephanie. Okay you might already know this but I thought I would tell you in case you didn't. My mom brings home the people magazine every weekend from work just to look at and then takes it back when we are done. Well, I was looking through it and happened upon a picture of Robert Pattinson at one of the premeires of Twilight....well as I was looking over the picture I happened to notice the crowd in the background, and what do you know there you are in the crowd right behind him!!! I just couldn't believe it, Britten you are in People magazine....it may be by accident, but you are there!! If you want to look at it is in the Best of (and worst) Of 2008 issue with Jennifer Aniston on the cover, the picture is on page 84. Anyway, just thought you would want to know if you already didn't and since I can't reach you because you are out of town this was my only option. Hope you are having a wonderful holiday!!
Post a Comment