So I've been trying to decide on some phrases/quotes to go on my walls. My sister-in-law knows this lady that has a machine that prints out things you can stick on your wall that make it look like someone painted them on there. My mom is trying to get all our Indian names done for the living room at the cabin and needs to place an order. I wanted to place mine with hers, thus I've been trying to find the perfect quote for me - one that reflects the very "essence of Britten", and at the same time portrays who my family is, what we've been through, what we like and cherish, but I also wanted it to be something no one else would have on their walls, be it in a framed quote from Far West or on a wooden board painted and sold to every Joe Smoe out there.
I went looking for it on the net and found it within seconds. It was waiting for me....meant to be.
Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
I thought this perfect because 1) My family's love of the epic, fairytale adventures like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc. 2) The main reason why I love these stories is because of the message and life lessons they teach us. Whether it be a historical account of ancient peoples in the Book of Mormon or the Bible, or a fictional adventure of one small boy, they all teach us how to overcome this mortal plight and look to the future with bright hope. I love using examples from these parables in my class at church. And 3) Andy and I have had to beat a few "dragons" in the past...
So...this will be going high on my living room wall for all to see. In black, of course.
-Britten
My Thoughts On #TFA (The Title Anyway)
11 years ago











5 comments:
Wow Britten. That is perfect. You want to find one for me?
Sure, but I think I will need to come and visit you for awhile, take notes on all the stuff in your abode, and more importantly, ask you what you want your quote to say about yourself?
Sounds good. This weekend work for you?
I love your quote Britten..it is perfect. Sarah could have one that has to do with Windows of the soul or something to do with "catching glimpses" of life.
Very cool. Very You. Very clear. Yet Very deep. Everything a moniker of that sort should be. (Prospero is Jessica, Rachel, Sarah and Christina's dad...but you probably knew that already.) I'm sure your cabin is much more tidy and properly themed than the one we go to. Have the girls tell you about the "order of the spigot" plaque, the hawk impression in the window and the vandalism problem with Teen-Aged Condors on Crack.
Post a Comment