
So Brad and Amanda moved this week. I was sad but happy for their new little adventure. Mom and I agreed that their move didn't really hit us until we saw Brad's 69' Shelby Mustang covered and safely resting atop a trailer hooked to their moving van.
You see, no matter where Brad has gone and set up camp, whether it be his mission in Kentucky, Utah to be with Breena, back to Fresno, then to Utah again after he was married, then down to Victorville to have the twins, then up here to live for awhile, his beloved mustang has continued to live at my parent's house. A symbol of Brad's inevitable return one day or another - his anchor to us.
We have fond memories of Brad and that mustang or any of his cars for that matter. On those nights when we'd wonder "Oh Brother, where art thou?" we'd finally be able to rest well when we could hear the loud rumble of his car a mile away driving home at 3 am. And of course, there are the many wrecks he's been in. Whenever I can sense a crazy driver around me it's usually a teenage boy in a truck. I will never trust one again. I can gladly tell you that Brad's crazy driving days are over with his new little family in tow. The boy has become the man.
And now with the mustang finally leaving with him, his wings have been unclipped. Here's to a happy flight, Brad! I love you!
-Britten











6 comments:
Wow. Crazy to see Brad the dad. It seems like just yesterday we were playing He-man and She-ra with his Skeletore castle.
Hahahah! I remember that!!!
It's always a little shock to me whenever i see Brad holding one of his kids. He's just the eternal kid to me.
Where did they move?
Where did they move?
They moved down to Victorville to open up a restaurant with Amanda's parents called World Grill.
Post a Comment