
Ahoy, Me Hearties!
Just saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie last night. Although it wasn't as fine-tuned as the first one (and let's face it, no sequel ever is unless it's "Empire Strikes Back") I still loved it nonetheless. The dark parts were darker and the sword fights and chases more zanny. It's jam-packed with everything, although I would have liked to see just a tad more romance. It's no wonder then, that I ate up the raindrops on the wedding party scene and the two brief encounters Will and Elizabeth had.
The humor in "The Curse of the Black Pearl" was the kind where you may not laugh the first time you see it, but you definitely go home and laugh about it afterward. I think that was mainly due to us getting aquainted with Jack and all his subtle mannerisms, most of which are not caught upon first viewing. "Dead Man's Chest" had a lot more slap-stick humor...the kind that has the whole audience rolling. I laughed me britches off! I loved the whole "Human Shish-ka-bob" and the 3-man sword fight on the beach and big water wheel sequences.
One of the best parts about the whole movie is the visual effects of the crew of the Flying Dutchman (Tori song!). I simply relished all the men taking on the likenesses of shells, coral, blowfish, sharks, eels, and other creatures of the sea. Davy Jones is fabulous with his tentacles and barnacles, especially the little popping sound he made with his lips! Gollum-real, Maties! Some of the best work ILM has ever done. Superbly creative!
And just like all those other big epic trilogies, this one leaves us hanging with anticipation for the 3rd and final installment a-la "Empire Strikes Back" and "Two Towers" style, complete with a visit from an old friend just before the end credits appear. Waiting for another installment of me favorite epics...it's the story of me life really.
Check out these swashbuckling Pirate Remixes . Perfect work-out music!
Aye! Here be some savy little tidbits from the movie.
And if yer lookin' to talk like a pirate, visit : Evil Stevie's Pirate Game Did you know that September 19th is the official "Talk Like a Pirate Day"? I'm gunna have to mark me ol' calendar!
And don't forget to check out the site I found for loads of pirate booty under my links to the left. Don't want to be lookin' like a pirate all by me onesie.
-Britten a.k.a. Red-Handed Jill the "storyteller"











3 comments:
cute pirate kiddies you have.
i can't wait to see Pirates!
how do you post links within your written text to the movie, etc.???
you're computer saavy Jill!!
Thanks! It isn't too hard to do, but would take a long post to tell you so I will try to email you how.
I cant wait to see the movie! I was going to be at disneyland for the opening and was all so excited, but that didnt pan out.
Post a Comment