Monday, September 08, 2008

I love me some video montages

Another thing I've been meaning to post are some really cool video montages I found on youtube. I am a total sucker for them. Particularily ones with scenes from my favorite movies. When I listen to music, I don't just listen and enjoy the lyrics and beautiful sounds - I see stories in my head, either about characters I love or stories I make up myself. I could search for and watch these all day long if I could. I would even make some myself if I had the knowledge and software to do it. There are some youtubers who tons of talent putting these together.

When you've got your favorite music coupled with great visuals that represent the lyrics - its's just glorious magic.

Here is one of my favorites. The song is "Memories" by Within Temptation and the video is some of their original music video for the song mixed with scenes from Tuck Everlasting. LOVE this movie! It was one of the first novels I ever read as a kid and the movie was a beautiful rendition of the novel.

Sorry - you'll have to shut off my music player on the right before you hit "play".




I have tons more I want to post, but I'll save them for another day. =)

-B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, these are really nice posts! Congratulations on your anniversary. What a lovely family you folks are.

Yeah, I was a total sucker for Everlasting. CRIED at the end, even in front of my kids. Oh, well, not as if they didn't know their mom is a softie.

Great site you have here. Nice oasis for visitors.

-ratna

breena rae said...

how I love you Britten and your "obsessions". I still remember the scream you let out on Christmas day when porch Santa brought you that large Robin Hood poster of Kevin Costner. You and mom must of seen that 8 times or more in the theater. Still being swept off your feet by men with arrows, well sharp teeth I guess in this case and magical creatures...I love it! Still good 'ol Britten witten :)

Oh, and congrats to you and Andy...11 years?!! Crazy.

love you!