Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday - The Girls' Room

For the past two days I have been trying to get Kaiya to help me with her room. Over the course of the vacations this winter break laundry was done but not put away. My daughter, Kaiya, has a plethora of clothes because she gets hand-me-downs from a girl who is just 1 year older with a mother who is a shop-a-holic with excellent taste. =) This makes it quite hard to be selective when trying to figure out what to keep and what to give away because everything is cute and everything fits. Ugh!

Last night Kaiya got all the stuffed animals and shoes picked up while I sorted the piles of clothes, then she had to get to bed for school the next day. So today, before I get more behind now that the kids will have tons of homework again, this is what I am tackling.

Time to put on some peppy music and get to it!

Too much crap all over the book shelf:



Bed unmade and too much crap on other bookshelf:


Top of dresser. Again, more crap:


I think I could gather the Pokemon cards on the floor and make a pile to jump into - either that or have a bonfire:


The huge mountains of clothes that need to be hung. I'm going to be here all afternoon:


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teehee, I think you're practicing what I like to call, advanced avoidance technique. It's when you blog in depth about something to avoid actually doing it! LOL!

Kathy Habel said...

How did it go? Did you get it looking better?
And AAD - he he he he I do that a lot!

Britten said...

Actually, no. I was just doing what Yoga, Kathy and the like do when they have a Tackle It Tuesday. Aren't we supposed to describe the mess, then tackle it?

It went very well! I got it all done and then some. I'm waiting for her comforter to dry so that I can take "after" pictures.

~yoga~ said...

Hooray for Britten!

Way to tackle it...

I wish I could give you a great big hug!!! I must admit that I ran away today...

I bought new paint for my bedroom though! Tee hee!

~yoga~ said...

BTW

Will you come decorate my house?
I love the tonal stripes and black curtains!!!

LOVE IT!

Britten said...

Heck yes! I would love to help you decorate! Can you buy me a plane ticket? =)

Melissa said...

Bonfire, hee, hee. My kids would DIE! I'll pay for gas and cook for you if you come do my house! Sorry Amy, she's closer to me! *wicked laugh*

heather said...

you go girls!!!!!