You all remember my little observation of Edward's wings in this post? Well, I decided to ask her about that because it's one of my favorite scenes from the movie (you know anything with wings will get me).
My question: Whose idea was it to place an owl behind Edward so it looks like he has wings?

Catherine's answer: Okay, the set decorator came and she had all these cool birds, you see all birds in the scene and an armadillo, the Texas state animal, you know, I am a Texan. Anyway I saw that owl and I remembered there was a beautiful art exposition one time where an artist took a photograph of ashes in the snow and nothing else and while the artist took the picture an eagle was flying by and the photograph was taken at the same time (snaps fingers), it was really cool with the wings right behind it, so when I saw that owl and I thought this could be kind of cool, so we worked it around.
YAY!
The whole chat was quite interesting because there were some very unique questions that were asked and answered that haven't been duplicated in any of the other interviews with her I've read so far. Leave it up to the Twihards to come up with some awesome questions! You can read the entire transcript of the chat on the Twilight Lexicon here.
Happy Friday!
p.s. I know I promised to post my pictures from People Magazine and Life & Style -Patience, my friends. I'm still working on that and will try to post it Monday.











4 comments:
That is so amazing she took the time to answer and I never noticed the wings behind Edward until you pointed them out. Very nice effect.
Yay! I'm so behind on my TMs happenings so thanks for posting this!
Thanks for asking and sharing. The wings behind Edward was one of the first things during the movie that I picked up on...that was some sort of "suggested imagery." I thought it was well placed and so very subtle. I pointed it out to my daughter during the movie...SHHHHHHHHHHH!
Woah. I am not going to let that picture of Rob ... okay, maybe I will. Try to remember, ladies, that he's only 21 ... and probably can't shag his way out of a paper bag. LOL.) Okay, Britten, thanks for visiting my blog. I am responding now! I'm glad you like my post about vampire archetypes ... and feel free to do what you like in terms of sharing my thoughts. I am in the midst of writing my own novel ... for those of us who aren't afraid of, well, mixing romance with a little maturity and sex!
Nina
Post a Comment