Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Tackled it!

I think it unded up taking me about 2 1/2 hours, but it was well worth it! I even washed the comforter and sheets (and waiting for them to dry to take pictures), dusted the shelves and put a new Glade Plug-in in the socket. It smells so fresh and looks so clean - Ahhhhhh!






Less crap on the shelves and books lined up nicely: (Hahah - I call it crap but as I was arranging it yesterday I was thinking it's definitely cute crap.)





I love the way the top of the dresser turned out. The modern lava lamp is a little out of place with all the vinatge kitties but Kaiya wanted it for her b-day one year so what do you do? You insist on it at least matching the color scheme of the room!






All the clothes hung and/or folded and put away. This is what took the longest. No one should have this many clothes...




And I just had to add this picture because I love this little corner of the room sans the ginormous amount of stuffed animals piled to the left. What I love is the color and patterns of the blankets stacked on the shelves and the bow holder packed with pink girly bows. *grin*





For Wash It Wednesday I have made the goal to wash the master bedroom sheets and get the bed made, finally, after oh, probably 6 months. (I'm so bad! But NEW HABITS THIS YEAR!!! A made bed will bring peace of mind - that's what I keep telling myself.). I am also going to clean the bathrooms, however, my wonderful hubby has promised me he will clean both toilets because they are extra gross this time around. Isn't that sweet?

I'm off...

6 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

I'm the same with sheets. I don't know about the people that wash them weekly. The room looks fabulous!

Melissa said...

Britten! What a huge accomplishment! All the photos really tell how much you have done today. Way to go! Wash it Wednesday just started for me...like at 10:00 p.m. I guess I'll be doing mine on Thursday--oops. Anyway, you will feel so great after your bedding is all clean and fresh! Good work!

I think we need a girls weekend at my house. You bring Kirsten and I'll round up the so cal girls. We will have a huge slumber party and decorating ideas by Britten. You can be the guest of honor! Or we can come to your house! Oooh. I think I just invited myself over, tee-hee.

Caleen said...

you did a awesome job in kaiya's room. she has a gorgeous room.. fit for a princess.. I know that housework can seem so tedious and so boring but, it also makes us feel good when it is all done. There are so many other things I would rather be doing.. I have some old habits that I need to work on this year too. Great Job..

Unknown said...

Caleen is right...the room is fit for a princess. It's so so so so cute. I want it to be mine! Seeing it helps me remember the day we painted your new house! so fun!

post your picture from People Mag. Do it soon! Allyson McKinney even commented on my blog that she wants to see it too!

sarebomac said...

I tackled this same thing last weekend with my boys. It's amazing how quickly it can go from being organized to looking like a tornado! It was good to see you in December!

Anonymous said...

Good job, girl!

Looks definitely better uncluttered. You could come round and fix my flat....:)

have a nice weekend

Gladys