Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's Atreyu!



Actually, it's Noah Hathaway who plays the boy-hero Atreyu on the much-loved, and to us Jones and Harmon girls "classic", The NeverEnding Story. I totally thought he was a hottie when I was 11, and he hasn't turned out bad either! Breena mentioned that she thought the picture below was Andy when he was younger. I never saw that in Andy when I first met him, but after we first started dating I was looking through some pictures of him when he was younger like around the age of 10, 11 or so and the resemblance is uncanny! So I must have seen little hints of "Atreyu" in his face for me to ever even consider dating him, right?

Freaky.

And here's a cool thing - We had the missionaries over for dinner the other night and one of them commented on the number of faeries frolicking in my abode. He then said, "Yeah, my mom always says that her heaven better have faeries in it." To which I replied, "I like her already. Can I have her number?" THEN after commenting on what a cute baby Ari is and how he liked all the interesting names I have bestowed upon my children he went on to say that his older sister just had a baby and named him "Atreyu". I squealed like a little girl and gasped, "Oh! You mean like in The NeverEnding Story?!!!" He chuckled and said, "Wow! You are the only person who has ever got that! The rest of the world just thinks she's wierd!"

What can I say....actually I know darn well what to say: To quote Danielle Russel-Kline, one of the world's greatest colorguard choreographers (remember flashy Clovis West, people), "The masses are asses".

I'll just keep living in my quaint, uncrowded faeryworld with my few friends and family who "get it", thank you very much.

-Britten Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe I didn't see it!!!!!!!! I was in love with him! I could quote every line in that movie, and often did...making my friends older brother insane! Those were the days...

The masses are asses. No kidding!

Britten said...

Hey Jess...what did you mean by "E.W. i.e. Christian"? I thought you meant Ewan McGregor but when has he ever played a character named "Christian"? I'm confused.

Jessica said...

What?!?! Christian is his character in Moulin Rouge!!

Jessica said...

Britten, can you post of send me a picture of kiaya's pink striped room? I want to do something similar in the girls playroom. Do you know the names of the colors of paint you used? I am so afraid of getting the wrong pinks or too light, or too dark. You know. Thanks!

breena rae said...

NO, way...the guy from the Never Ending Story? I need to watch that again. Awwwwwwa awwwa awwwa...Never Ending Story...(I was singing the song from the movie) Man, where is this missionary from? He has a way cool family who totally gets it. Mitch knows his friend is going to make fun of us if we name our boy Riker...but I just said, okay, You, friend, can just go ahead and name your children Adam and Rebecca, buddy! (no offense to anyone with or wanting to name their child that). It's just like, come on, give your child a title! Love you, Britten and I'm glad you go to Star Wars conventions and decorate your house in faeries. I've been looking up Star Trek baby clothing online...and Mitch wants a mobile made with starships (has anyone seen those around?). I say love what you like and who cares what others think! Woo Hoo!

breena rae said...

Oh, and by the way...wasn't I right about Andy, Britten?

Britten said...

Oh! Starship mobils!! Just make sure there's a Y-wing, an X-wing, and a Tie Fighter!

Love you too Beans!

Jess- Whoops! Oh yeah....my bad. I guess I just don't watch it as much as I should. Sometimes Nicole Kidman bugs me, but I just need to get passed that now, don't I? Why should I let that get in the way of some E.W. Hero Goodness? It's a shame I've let it go this far, really.

First I need to actually by the movie. Can I put this on my Christmas list? Any takers?

Britten said...

E.W.????? It's like 3 in the morning. Why do I keep typing it like that? I just saw now that I did it in the original post about it. You know I meant E.M.

Britten said...

Oh, yeah...let me find the colors and a good picture of the room and I'll get back to you.

Sarita said...

Oh dearest Atreyu! He definitely turned out well. No surprise. And I love how Britten embraces her imaginary world. I even rave about your rs lessons to others. Some think it's strange....I for one, find it wonderful, enchanting, even inspired. Go Britten.

Britten said...

Go me!