*Do you think with my cute mushrooms and flowers, this will sway people?
If you are undecided right now, I warn you that the future implications of this could be devastating for the parental control of our children's education and the religious freedom of our churches. I love all men and do not judge anyone, but if you still think this proposition is about tolerance or oppression, you are being deceived as I was only a few months ago. I want happiness for everyone and have known and sincerely cared for a handful of others who are gay. So I felt I would be betraying those friends by voting "yes". I have since done more reading and research and know now that this proposition is about so much more. We can still love all men, but this does not mean we agree with their lifestyles. I also want to teach my kids at home about marriage and what is right and wrong according to our religion. I also don't want my church to be forced to perform same sex marriages.
God's definition of marriage is between a man and woman. Gender is essential to our eternal identity. This may seem archaic to many of my young friends, but I believe He sees and knows all. It may be hard to understand, we don't have all the answers now, but that is what faith is for.











3 comments:
The mushrooms and flowers did it for me! =D
I wish I could be there to vote.
I would vote Yes for sure! Come on Californians Make the right choice!
So true. Have you seen the recent ad that the no on 8 campaign has out, (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=q28UwAyzUkE) directly slandering mormons? It's appalling and hateful. What I have found through this process, though, no matter what the outcome, is that it has brought together the religious community. This new commercial has brought other religious leaders to the defense of mormons, who claim that "this ad is not just an attack on the LDS but on all people who claim to be Christian." These same leaders who preach against Mormons over their pulpits are coming together to now defend them. It is truly inspiring to me and I'm sure in direct opposition to what the ad makers intended.
Post a Comment